Sunday, February 14, 2010

Last couple of weeks

Not a whole lot has happened the last few weeks. Busy as usual. Syd was not feeling well last Friday and progressivly got worse throughout the weekend so I ended up taking her into the doctor last Monday and sure enough she got her first ear infection. We were 10 days out of making it a whole year without having to take her to the doctor for being sick. She is on antibiotics (which I am totally against but won't get into right now) and the first few days had THE WORST diaper rash. Bleeding and everything! Poor thing. She is better now and sleeping great (I hope I didn't just jinx myself by saying that out loud). She was taking a ton of steps before she got sick and since she has been sick, she hasn't had anything to do with walking. It has been a week and a half but she is just now getting back into the walking thing. I wouldn't call her a walker yet, but she is awefully close!! She is so proud of herself when she does it!! She squeals and has the biggest grin!! When I picked her up from daycare 2 weeks ago, she took like 17 steps to greet me at the door.. Yeah I cried!! It is hard not being the one home with her to do these things with her. I love Mona though. She is great with Syd.

Garrett and Savannah have been busy as usual. It has taken a little toll on them these past few weeks as well. I let them both miss practice (which is something we NEVER do). They needed to recoup though. We have been going to bed between 7 and 7:30 all this past week. How nice!! Basketball and indoor soccer is almost finished and we are going into outdoor soccer, baseball and VOLLEYBALL!!! San is finally old enough to play and I get to coach her!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!! She has been asking me for years and there hasn't been anything available until this year. I am going to help coach track (1 or 2 practices a week) but since I have "retired" with volleyball, I can coach my own child. I am thrilled!! Anyway, enjoy the pictures and we will be having another update very soon........SYD TURNS 1 IN 4 DAYS!!!! OMG!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Syd. Yeah I'm not a fan of antibiotics either. Just give her probiotics 2 hours after her meds! Nice break for the kiddos too! AND, that is SO COOL that you get to coach your own daughter...sigh...that will never be me...

    ReplyDelete